Saturday 26 January 2013

Stampin' Up! making a difference

During 2013 Stampin' Up! will be celebrating it's 25th birthday.  If you search on the web for what this means you will no doubt come across articles and blogs showing what a difference Stampin' Up! has made in those 25 years?!

So, without getting too carried away I wanted to share with you how Stampin' Up! has made a difference in my life and how this has progressed onto making a difference elsewhere.  

When I heard about Stampin' Up! I was already a keen crafter; making my own cards for fun and to sell to friends and family.  Stampin' Up! products really appealed to me because of the easy co-ordination of colours and styles and signing up for the starter kit was really just an extension of my hobby and to take advantage of the discount on the products :).

However, once I started to get involved in demonstrator get togethers and share my hobby with others I realised that there was more to Stampin' Up! than I had first thought.

Over a year later, I have met many people and made some great new friends.  Which for me, in an area where I knew very few people, has made such a difference to my life!

I have also taken my Stampin' Up! supplies overseas and shared my love of crafting at a Children's Centre in Sri Lanka, as well as been involved in a number of charity events.


In the coming weeks I will be embarking on my travels once more.  After quitting my job and renting out my house I will be heading off on my travels again and hope to find opportunities along the way to volunteer and/or help local communities in some way.

At the end of 2012 I boxed up all my non-Stampin' Up! stash and had a sale for charity in order to raise money to buy bits and pieces to take with me to donate to those in need, whilst on my travels.  You will be glad to hear that I have raised a small sum of money, but that there is also a reasonable amount of stuff left for which I would be happy to receive further donations for.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you would like to stop by at my home (GU16) and take a look.  Or why not come along to my next demo (see details here) and grab some bargains, all donations will be greatly received.

I will of course keep you updated with details of the cause that I decide to donate to so keep checking back in the coming weeks :).






No comments:

Post a Comment