Monday 21 January 2013

Chinese New Year is almost here

Chinese New Year starts on 10th February this year!  And for those born in 1928, 1941, 1953, 1965 or 1977 it is likely that you will too be celebrating the year of the Snake?

I had to find some alternative images for creating this years cards as snakes are not something that Stampin' Up! includes in any of it's stamp sets; not surprisingly as they are exactly cheery looking characters!

Here is one of the cards I came up with...


It's impossible not to use red and gold on a Chinese New Year card so of course I have opted for Real Red card stock for the background.  I've then embossed a strip of Gold Mirror card (non Stampin' up!) with the Square Lattice embossing folder and added this to the base before fixing the image, printed on Whisper White and cut out with one of the Labels Collection Framelits, with a co-ordinating border panel.

I still have a bit of time for commissions so if you would like to order any handmade Chinese New Year cards from me please get in touch at jadedcrafter@gmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment