Thursday 18 October 2012

Scrapbooking my trip


With just 3 full days in Lake Garda over the weekend (check out my travel blog for more details), I was desperately collecting bits and pieces for my travel scrapbook (or Smash book), and on my return was able to finish it off with some of the new stamp set's from the new Stampin' Up! main catalogue...





I've used the Occasions Alphabet stamp set for the lettering on both pages, inked in Pacific Point onto Whisper White card and then punched out using a 1/2 inch circle punch and mounted on a 3/4 inch circle of Pacific Point card.

Of course I had to carefully ink with my Stampin' Write markers to avoid introducing the rest of the sentiments on each stamp :).  Here's a close up:


I have then also inked and stamped a couple of the images from the For the Birds stamp set, which has 8 brilliant choices... I stuck to the romantic looking ones to depict Verona and Romeo and Juliet...


I love the way the Stampin' Up! colours co-ordinate with the papers in the Smash book, more luck than anything else... but the circle punches make it so easy to create quick embellishments.  I will definitely be using this idea for my cards.

If you would like to get your hands on either of these stamp sets or anything else from the current Stampin' Up! catalogues just contact me to place your order.



No comments:

Post a Comment