Saturday 13 October 2012

My other hobby

If you don't know already, other than my obsession with all things crafty, I am also a very keen walker.  In fact I still have a large number of the 214 Wainwright mountains to climb in the Lake District, but fortunately the rest of my lifetime to try and achieve them :).
 
I'm currently in Lake Garda for a long weekend, hoping to collect a few more geocaches and hence the relevance of this post - ish!  Check out my travel site here if you are interested, which I will update with my travel posts as soon as I can.
 
Last year I got properly introduced to the world of geocaching which is a outdoor treasure hunt game, and have been completely addicted ever since.  Whatever the weather you will often find me out and about somewhere, if I'm not crafting the hours away, that is.
 
In August I collected my 1000th geocache, just over a month before the 1st year anniversary of my first find, back on 23rd September 2011.
 
And what better way to mark both those occasions than to combine my other hobby with my love of crafting and create something for my scrapbook?
 


You will see that Stampin' Up! products have got some use on these pages, with the Open Sea stamp set featuring on the background papers (if you look closely?), inked with Marina Mist.  I've also captured the geocaching logo colours using squares of card stock in So Saffron, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Calypso Coral, embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder.
 
I am so glad to see the Open Sea stamp set back and included in the new main catalogue... it's ideal for me and my travels and many other occassions...
 
Remember if you want to place an order just contact me at jadedcrafter@gmail.com, I will be back on Monday evening so can place your order then.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment