Friday 19 October 2012

First Christmas card club session

It's that time of year again... I actually can't believe it was a year ago since my last Christmas card club started!  Last night I had my first session and we made 3 cards, 4 of each design. 
 
Here's the quick card that easily became the one that took the longest... tying all those bows!
 

 
The base is Whisper White and then I've embossed a piece of Real Red with the new Argyle embossing folder and attached it as the background.
 
The Old Olive strip has been embossed with the Stripes embossing folder... and then each of the candy canes from the Scentsational Season stamp set in the Autumn/Winter mini catalogue has been cut out with the co-ordinating dies.
 
The sentiment is from one of the new hostess sets in the main catalogue, Wacky Wishes, but I've just used the first part of the wording and then punched it out with the Decorative Label punch.
 
All very straightforward until those bows... created with Lucky Limeade bakers twine... a little bit fiddly to say the least.  The trick is to have a much longer piece than you need, to tie the bow and then cut the ends off.
 
If you would like to order anything from either of the catalogues of book one of the remaining spaces on my upcoming Christmas card club sessions, just email me at jadedcrafter@gmail.com

Check back tomorrow for another one of the cards we created...

No comments:

Post a Comment