Saturday 20 October 2012

Cute polar party stamps

Yay it's the weekend and yay I'm not working!
 
With a nice lie in this morning catching up on some reading ahead of my next trip I almost forgot about not having anything scheduled on here. 
 
I'm off to finish off the rest of my class prep for the coming weeks but as promised here is another of the cards we created at this weeks Christmas card club...
 


The Polar Party stamp set is just soooo cute, and with a few little characters and bits and pieces to choose from I tried to keep this card simple, as we had 12 to make in less than 3 hours (should have been 2 and a half - but those bows [see yesterdays post]!).  As usual I probably got carried away with the intricasies of cutting out and embossing :).
 
The base is Pool Party and I have inked the tree and sentiment stamps with Versamark ink and then embossed with Whisper White embossing powder using a heat gun.  It creates a lovely effect but can be a little bit fiddly.  The ladies at my class got into it quickly, but the cutting out of the little characters defeated them a bit and as I had sneakily planned, this was a great project to take home to finish off cutting out in front of the telly (or wherever).
 
One more thing I have to share with you is the snow... it's a piece of Shimmery White card which has been run through one of the dies from the Finishing Touches Edgelits in the main catalogue on page 190.  The other one is more intricate, but the zig zag design is idea for this card (I think).
 
I still have space for my Christmas accessories class on Saturday 27th October at 10.30am if you are interested.  Just contact me at jadedcrafter@gmail.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment