Saturday 15 September 2012

Last chance cards class and mini catalogue launch

Today I have my last chance cards class where we will be using products that retire this month.  Sadly, in the time between when I prepped for the class and the drafting of this post, the stamp set featured on one of the cards we are making is no longer available :(.  I hope the ladies won't be too disappointed, as it is an adaptable card layout.
 
It's the Fox and Friends stamp set, which I am so sad to see go from the main catalogue.  Here is the card we will be making...
 
I was going to make an alternative card with this layout, using the Bird Builder punch to create little birds in place of the monkeys, but I have got completely distrated this morning dealing with an unexpected delivery (!), more about that another time.  So, apologies that I haven't got another card to share with you instead.
 
Thankfully most of the other products we are using today, still (currently) remain on the retiring products list which you can see here.  If you haven't already looked and want to order something please don't leave it too late, as these products are only available whilst stocks last.
 
I'll be sharing the other cards with you over the next few days so check back soon.
 
As well as the class I have my Autumn/Winter mini catalogue launch event this afternoon from 1pm.  I can probably still accommodate a few more crafty people if you fancy coming along, just give me a call on my mobile on 07968 951957 to let me know.
 
Here is the very quick make and take project that we will be doing using some of the new products from the mini catalogue...
 

This card features the lovely 'gingerbread man' from the Scentsational stamp set.  The great thing about this set is that there are co-ordinating dies for cutting out each image so you can create a batch of card very quickly.
 
I have also used some of the papers from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper pack on page 20 of the Autumn/Winter mini catalogue.  And as I keep saying... these papers are great for other occassions, not just Christmas so well worth including on your wish list :).  You will see that I have also added a strip of Old Olive card stock embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and then added a sentiment in co-ordinating ink from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment