Saturday 18 August 2012

New home's

It seems quite a few people I know are moving home or have moved recently.  Tonight I'm going to a long over due house warming dinner party with friends.  So of course I had to make a card, in fact I have had to make three New Home cards in the last couple of weeks, so I went with similar designs but in different colours and with a slight twist on each...


I hope Marie and Matt are very happy in their new place... looking forward to seeing it later.

You will see that I have used Marina Mist for the base and co-ordinated the lettering cut with the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies.  I've attached these to the background panel, created from Very Vanilla card stock run through the Square Lattice embossing folder.  And then of course the little cuckoo that comes from the Easy Events stamp set that I have cut out and coloured with blender pens and then adhered to the base with dimensional sticky pads.

Next up is a card I made for a friend at work... she hasn't moved in officially yet but the purchase completed last week so hopefully there is a mantle piece or suitable worktop for the card to go on soon x.


For this card I have used Perfect Plum for the base and lettering and then stamped the cuckoo image directly onto the Shimmery White card stock that I have used in background.  I've coloured the image with blender pens in the same way as the other card, but the shimmery card creates a lovely effect.  Notice the corners of the panel have been punched out with a petal from one of the Boho Blossoms punch flowers and I've added some Basic Rhinestones to finish.

Then finally, a card for my cousin and his wife.  They haven't actually moved yet either and my Aunt/Uncle are helping them out with the move over the bank holiday weekend... but they have the keys!

I've changed the background panel by using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and then added some Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, and in stead of the cuckoo... the little bird in it's cage, from from the Every Little Bit stamp set.




1 comment:

  1. Love these cards! All this crafting you've done without me :(

    ReplyDelete