Friday 3 August 2012

Hostess sets only available until September

I'm off to see Van Morrison tonight... so just a morning of finishing up my workload before a 2 week break, a BBQ (if the weather holds off) and then a trip to Newmarket races!

For those of you that don't know already, the new Stampin' Up! main catalogue will be released on 1st October.  That does seem like quite some time, but during September the retiring products will be available for the last time, and that includes the Hostess only sets which are at the front on the current catalogue (pages 8 to 12).

You can only get your hands on these products if you host a party and your sales are over £150, but that doesn't mean you actually have to have a party as such, you can just share your catalogue with your friends and collect orders that way... contact me today to find out more.

Today I have a card to share with you that uses the Ain't Love Grand stamp set available with hostess pounds.  This set has some really lovely stamps which can be used for a variety of occasions.


For this card I have created a card base from Regal Rose card stock which I have folded back on itself and then placed the image panel on the fold.  A simple fold that makes a big difference to a card.

To create the balloon I stamped directly onto patterned papers from the Brights Collection DSP pack and then cut out the panels and adhered these onto the balloon image stamped onto Whisper White card.  I then coloured in the basket and hearts using Stampin' Write markers.  Note that instead of the sentiment that comes with the image I have not inked this and instead used a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  It's easy to select parts of an image when using the markers rather than ink pads, and gives more used for a single stamp.

To finish the card I have added strips of DSP punched with the Scallop Trim Border punch and a few hearts punched using the owl punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment