Wednesday 25 July 2012

Waterfall album

Earlier this month I went along to a fellow demonstrator's Waterfall Album class to try out something a bit different.  I take my hat off to Diane, who braved this class as it's extremely technical... but so so worth it when you finally get to the end.  Here is what my finished album looks like, and I am so please with it, so thank you Diane :).



I got to play with my favourite designer papers from the main Stampin' Up! catalogue - Beau Chateau, combined with the Baroque Motifs stamp set which I have never used before, so I was in heaven!  And the lovely Striped Grosgrain Soft Suede ribbon to co-ordinate ...

The colours are Soft Suede, Marina Mist and Very Vanilla.  You can just see in the photo there is a panel of Soft Suede which has been run through the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and then the image panel on the front was created with the Top Note die, both using the Big Shot machine.

I have then used the Baroque Motifs image in Soft Suede and added flowers in Marina Mist ink, which I have then attached the Itty Bitty punch flowers to and a Basic Pearl. 

The sentiment is from the Vintage Vogue stamp set and I have just inked the 'Life Happens' part onto Very Vanilla and then punched out with the Oval punch and mounted on a Scalloped Oval punch from Marina Mist card. 

Here is the inside of the album:



I've stuck with simple pages as hope to add some photo's soon, so just stamped the flower from the Baroque Motifs stamp set in Marina Mist alternatively through the album pages and added a border with strips of the Beau Chateau papers and Marina Mist card punched with the Ribbon Border punch.

I love the idea of creating a flower with ribbon... it's just a case of using red sticky strip around a circle and adding a brad in the centre... I've used the Crochet Trim ribbon here and a Antique Brad.

The other pages fold out like a 'waterfall' when you pull the tab, and at the back I've added another Top Note die shape for the final page.


I have to admit, only special people will receive one of these made by me as it's pretty hard work to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment