Thursday 5 July 2012

Piñata for a birthday

I love the piñata that features on the Packed for Birthday stamp set that is in the current Summer mini catalogue. The stamp itself is just £8.95 which I think is a bargain given how many images there are on it that you can use...

So for this card I have cut out the piñata and the bunting and created this card which is a bit of a take on the card featured in the mini catalogue on page 26.


I've used Pool Party and Wisteria Wonder from the 2011-13 In Colours.  The bunting was inked up and stamped using my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get it in the right place - this tool is a total life card saver and I cannot craft without it :)!

The sentiment is from the Apothecary Art stamp set, inked with Pool Party ink onto Whisper White and then mounted on a strip of Pool Party card edged with the Eyelet Border Punch.  I've used a length of Bakers Twine to hang the piñata and added a little bow... you get approx 23m of twine on a reel and it's just £2.50.  As you can see it has been featuring from time to time on a lot of my cards, tied around cards, panels, butterflies (as antenna) and used for tieing on buttons.

1 comment: