Saturday 16 June 2012

Foiled motorcycle

The a la carte stamps on pages 14-16 of the main catalogue are very reasonably priced if you just want to build up your collection slowly, and there are plenty of choices for different occasions. 

With Father's Day tomorrow the a la carte Motorcycle stamp set is getting a bit of use, as I have it featuring on one of the cards that we will be making at my class this morning and also the card I have made for my dad (check back tomorrow).


I've created a 5 x 7 " card base from Soft Suede and then attached a piece of kitchen foil which I have run through the Square Lattice embossing folder to create the background panel.  It's a bit fiddly and you need to be careful you don't tear the foil when sticking it down, but it creates a lovely metallic effect ;).

I have then added a strip of Old Olive card stock with the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes and Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set's inked with Chocolate Chip, attaching 3 silver brads before sticking this down.

For the image panel I have used the Labels Collection Framelits dies to cut a Old Olive frame and then a Whisper White one around the Motorcycle image.  I've inked the Motorcycle in Chocolate Chip and coloured with an Old Olive Stampin' Write marker pen and it's ready... I hope the class attendee's like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment