Monday 25 June 2012

Chocolates

Happy Monday!

My next class is on the 7th July at 10.30am and we will be using the Big Shot machine to make 4 cards for a variety of occasions.

If you don't have the luxury of a Big Shot machine or have recently bought one then this class is for you as we will be having a play with a number of the dies and embossing folders available from Stampin' Up!

Today I have a card to share with you that uses the Top Note die, Timeless Type Junior Alphabet dies and the Square Lattice embossing folder...



The base is A5 in size created by folding an A4 piece of Pool Party card stock.  I have then cut a Top Note die shape from Pink Pirouette embossed with the Square Lattice embossing folder (ensure you emboss the card first as it shrinks, and then run through the die) and trimmed the edge before mounting onto mirror card (not Stampin' Up!).  I've also used a strip of the embossed Pink Pirouette card along the base of the card, mounted onto mirror card as well.

Before attaching the Top Note 'chocolate box, I have added some Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon and then some little chocolates which were created with the 1 inch circle punch and some 1 inch squares (cut by hand and with the corners rounded).  I have raised these up with dimensionals onto a Perfect Postage punch shape (not in current catalogue) cut from Basic Black card.  The 'icing' was cut by hand.

The numbering is from the Timeless type Junior Alphabet dies cut from mirror card and then I have added a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set and 'Mum' from For My Family, inked with Versamark and then embossed with silver embossing powder using a heat gun.

I was quite pleased with the finished card as googling a card with a chocolate theme resulted in no suggestions that were suitable, therefore I have come up with something entirely original :).

If you fancy coming along and joining in some crafting fun I have a Come and Craft session planned for this coming Sunday from around 2pm, after attending the Bracknell craft show in the morning - contact me for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment