Saturday 9 June 2012

Anniversary medallion

Well, despite having to work somewhat this weekend, I am still planning to get my crafting mojo back up and running so I can feel a little more human again!  So the daily posts will return :).

Today I have a card I made for a 40th Wedding Anniversary which uses the Medallion stamp set in the main catalogue, which I haven't had a play with before... and now I have so many ideas I want to try it out with. 

The card base is Riding Hood Red, and I have stamped the Medallion image twice using Versamark ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder... I'm stretching myself a bit for a change as I don't usually use heat embossing as it can get messy, but it does create a luxurious feel to a card.

I have then tied a piece of the Whisper White Organza ribbon across the base and then cut a top note from mirror card (not Stampin' Up!) and then a Whisper White piece (which I have cut around the edge).  The Whisper White piece has been embossed with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder using my Big Shot machine and then I have added the numbering from the Timeless Junior Alphabet dies and a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set, finally a couple of Basic Rhinestones...

No comments:

Post a Comment