Saturday 19 May 2012

Wherever you are

Happy Saturday!

Today I have a card for someone very special... although he's travelling somewhere and out of contact I hope this card has gone some way towards letting him know that I am thinking of him.  Happy birthday, Phill x.



This card features one of the stamps from the Natures Nest set, ideal for nature lovers, and those getting on a bit ;)!  I've inked the tortoise in Early Espresso and then coloured in with blender pens using Stampin' Write markers.  The background panel was created using the Top Note die twice to create a symmetrical shape cut from Whisper White and then cut out and run through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and then another cut from Early Espresso card stock to create the frame.

I had to use a retired punch to create the squares, but there are several other square punches in the current main catalogue which would work just as well or you can just cut them on your trimmer and then run through the Square Lattice embossing folder as I have done.  The colours are Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Pumpkin Pie...

For those of you who enjoy a bit of walking or Geocaching, as I do, will recognise the colours ;).  I've finished the card with a sentiment from the Hostess set Happiest Birthday Wishes.  Oh and I almost forgot to mention that the base is Crumbcake.

No comments:

Post a Comment