Wednesday 16 May 2012

Wedding invites

You may recall that sometime ago I helped design and make 70 Save the Date cards for my friends Tori and Macca? 

Well, last weekend, the weekend before that and probably this weekend too if I'm honest I have been helping make the invites... as they are almost finished, other than the last remaining batch, I am under strict (!) orders that I can now share them with you. 

So, can I have a drum roll please.  After creating several samples and some ongoing changing of minds, and of course the help of the Bridesmaids, Bride Groom to Be and several other of my crafty friends and class attendee's I am very pleased to share with you, these lovely wedding invites...albeit upside down as I was slightly reliant on the wedding party to provide me with a photo of the finished article and I can't get it to post the right way up on here lol ;)!


The colours are Peach Parfait embossed with the Beautiful Bouquet embossing folder and Pear Pizzazz, although the card base is Crumbcake as the Autumn and Brown themes needed to be captured fully ;)!

You will see that the V&A (sorry it is upside down, you can see them a little better on the group photo below (still not the right way up - stupid iphone camera!) has been inked in the co-ordinating inks using the Monogram Sweet Alphabet stamp set, which I single handedly stamped approx 70 times for each of the 3 letters, after having done the same on the Save the Date cards... therefore I consider myself a very committed and crafty friend.  Thankfully the embellishing with Basic Rhinestones was the responsibility of another member of the production line, as was the punching of holes using the Crop-A-Dile in order to tie the ribbon.


For someone who isn't very creative - or so she keeps telling me, Tori has done an immense job designing these cards, with a little help from me to keep the ideas under control. Macca was a complete star too, and got stuck in with the production line, which amazed me, given the normal level of the Groom to Be's involvement. Tori doesn't realise just how lucky she is and they make such a great couple :).  Here's to the next installment...




No comments:

Post a Comment