Sunday 27 May 2012

Varying layouts

There are so many different layouts possible when making a card, I thought today I would show you just how easy it is to create a few different cards using the same materials.

I've used the cute tortoise stamp from the Natures Nest stamp set from the main catalogue for these birthday cards and coloured it with Stampin' Write markers.

The first card is a Old Olive base onto which I have created a Soft Suede panel and punched the edge with the Scalloped Trim border punch, before mounting the Whisper White image panel.



On the card base I have added 2 lengths of Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon and then a sentiment from the Perfect Pairs stamp set, inked with Early Espresso onto Whisper White and then punched out with the 1 3/8' circle punch before mounting onto a Scalloped circle punch and raising up with dimensionals.

For the second card I've used a Whisper White card base to create a 13.5cm square and then added a strip of Soft Suede card stock in the centre and then a piece of DSP from the Beau Chateau paper pack. 

Onto this I added the 2 circular shapes from the Perfect Pennants die, cut from Soft Suede and More Mustard and then in the centre I have added 1 1/4' circle punched from Whisper White which has been run through the Square Lattice embossing folder, before finally adding the tortoise.

And finally, another Old Olive base and paper from the Well Worn paper pack, with a central panel cut from Soft Suede and the image stamped onto Whisper White.

I could go on creating layouts like this, so why not have a go yourself and see what you can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment