Friday 18 May 2012

Speedy car card

This is the first time I have used the Need for Speed stamp set, and now I really wish I had purchased this sooner...

I do struggle with creating cards for men sometimes, but this stamp set does all the hard work and the images are really detailed, you just need to leave them as they are or colour them with Stampin' Write marker pens as I have done with the car image on this card.


The base is Early Espresso and I have cut a strip of the 'Bright' collection DSP and placed this in the centre of the card and then created a panel measuring 5 x 7cm of Whisper White for the image and matted this onto a 5.5 x 7.5cm piece of Real Red.

I've inked and stamped the image in Early Espresso and then stamped a further image onto a separate piece of Whisper White card and cut this one out after colouring with a Real Red marker pen.  Then I have layered this using dimensional sticky pads, and then finished with a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.

Do you struggle with cards for men, it seems I am not the only one as I have already had requests for male cards to be made during my next class on 16th June.  We will be making 4 cards for a variety of occasions using a number of techniques and I will definitely be including a male card in the selection... just need to decide which one :).  I only have a couple of places left for this class which is getting booked up fast, so contact me to book you place - full details can be found on my Classes page.

No comments:

Post a Comment