Sunday 13 May 2012

Relaxing birthday fishes?

I made today's card for my friend Andy, who celebrates being another year older today.  Men are always hard to make cards for, so I went with something a little different... mainly because I know he has fish and although he has lots of other interests including DIY, I thought it was a good way to remind him that he should relax for a change on his birthday.  I'm not sure the message will get through however but it's worth a try - Happy Birthday mate!



The base is crumbcake and I have placed a piece of DSP from the Brights paper pack along the bottom and then added a strip of Chocolate Chip punched with the Scallop Trim border punch .  The base of the fish bowl was created with the Word Window punch and then I inked and stamped the fishtank and fishes from the Something Sweet stamp set - yes I know the stamp set tends to be used for making sweet related cards... but you can created other items too :).  I finished the card off by adding some of the leaves from the Bird Builder punch and the sentiment, along with a couple of brads.  The only thing missing is a sentiment saying relax... but hopefully he will get the message.



No comments:

Post a Comment