Wednesday 23 May 2012

Ideas with an airplane

I'm afraid I am back in Cambridge today so had to fleetingly prepare this scheduled post before I left last night...  and as promised something a little more masculine themed, although these could work for a lady with an interest in airplanes too, and of course a change in sentiment.

Don't forget Father's Day is Sunday 17th June this year... so in preparation I am already creating commissions.  The first card uses the airplane stamp from the Need for Speed stamp set... all very Top Gun and one of my all time favourite films.

I've teamed Old Olive with Early Espresso and mounted a piece of the Pumpkin Pie DSP from the Brights pack to create the background panel.  The image has been coloured with Stampin' Write markers using a blender pen and then I have raised this up along with the sentiment (Teeny Tiny Wishes) and then added a couple of brads.

And of course the second card uses the same stamp... but more in duplicate and to create a sort of background.  I've inked the stamp in Basic Gray and stamped 3 separate times across a piece of Bashful Blue which I have then torn and mounted onto a Soft Suede card base and added an Old Olive strip and brads.  The sentiment is from the For My Family stamp set, also inked in Basic Gray.

No comments:

Post a Comment