Sunday 8 April 2012

Happy Egg Day!

Happy Easter one and all!  I hope you got lots of eggs today...

I don't actually normally do eggs, but more often than not my good friend Cat seems to remember to get me one, although maybe that's because it's around the time that I see her (because it's usually quite near to her birthday)... and I always feel guilty that I haven't got her anything!

So, this year I have made her a card to celebrate... and it has chocolate included too!  I actually made her a Melon Mambo one (see further down below for pic) but the photo comes out a bit bright and scary on it's own so I have posted this one to show you the design...


There's a little tab to keep the sweets inside and avoid having to break the card to get them out... with a little hole inside the card, although I have yet to work out how to get the 1/2" circle punch to reach far enough across the card to create the hole so had to cut it by hand instead.

If you haven't seen the 'treat cups' before, you can find these on page 95 of the main catalogue. There is a matching stamp set on page 35 - Something Sweet, which is designed to fit these little plastic cups so you can create something a bit different. I've been wanting to have a play with this stamp set for a while...

I couldn't stop at just one of these cards, so made a few as presents... the Melon Mambo one is my favourite as it's so bright and cheery :).

You will have to check back in a couple of weeks for the full details and dimensions on how to make this card...

No comments:

Post a Comment