Wednesday 25 April 2012

A different style

I've been playing with a few different styles, having borrowed a stamp set or two, it seems only wise to have play and move away from my typical style - whatever that is (lol!)!



I needed to create a set of note cards with a flower theme.  Not being a big fan of flowers generally I thought I'd give the Button Buddies stamp set a try as this would allow me to work within the boundaries of the request but also create something a little less 'girly' than flowers normally involve.

I've inked the image in More Mustard and stamped onto Very Vanilla and then used the 'button' die from the Timeless Junior Alphabet dies set to create faux buttons... and then run these through the Square Lattice embossing folder to give them some texture.  With the linen thread tied through the button holes and then raising these with dimensional sticky pads, I was quite pleased with my finished layout, which I then adhered to a Soft Suede card base and embellished with some Grosgrain Ribbon.

I did mention that I was creating a set, but as I am a little limited on ideas for posts this week you will have to check back for the other 2 cards that goes with this one :).

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! the Button Buddies stampset is fab! x

    ReplyDelete