Wednesday 28 March 2012

Patchwork papers

Quilting or patchwork projects are becoming very popular, but you don't need to get out your sewing kit!  Why not try using this idea with patterned papers to achieve a similar effect.  I've CASE'd this card idea from Cate, but have used the Perfect Postage punch instead to create the squares.

For the card base I have used Crumbcake and then layered a piece of Very Vanilla onto this and then placed each of the patchwork pieces side by side.

The image is from the Perfect Postage stamp set with co-ordinating punch, both from the current mini catalogue that is available until 30th April.  I've inked the stamp with marker pens to get a variety of colours for the candles and then stamped this onto Very Vanilla and mounted on a Curly Label punch shape cut from Poppy Parade card stock.

I love the way the Stampin' Up papers, card stock and inks all co-ordinate, as I've also used Poppy Parade ink for the sentiment (from the For My Family stamp set) and Very Vanilla seam binding ribbon behind the image panel.

You can use any patterned papers to create a patchwork card, so it's a great way to use up some scraps which if you're anything like me, you've been keeping safe to make something with :).

No comments:

Post a Comment