Sunday 25 March 2012

Easter class

Today I have my Easter class, by special request, as it wasn't one I originally planned until I was asked to.  And I actually really enjoyed making something a bit different, particularly as I don't actually own any of the Easter themed stamp sets from the catalogue...

We will be making 10 cards, 2 each of 5 different designs, although I am not sure which is my favourite so I'm going to share a couple with you today.

First, a design that I CASE'd from my crafty friend Amy


I've used Crumbcake for the base and folded in the wings a little so he fits in an A6 envelope... sorry the photo is a bit blurry, but at least you can't really see the retired stamp that I have used for the sentiment :).

The second card uses a few punches, including one of my favourites, the bird builder punch:


To create the chicks I have snipped off the tail of the bird and used the scalloped circle punch on the wings and then raised these up with dimensional sticky pads.  In fact I've realised that you can make allsorts of birds from this punch as well as the standard one :0).

Sorry, rubbish photo again and I haven't got time to take another one... but you can just make out that I have embossed the Whisper White background with the Square Lattice embossing folder and then matted it to a piece of Bashful Blue card stock.

The flower is from the Create a Cupcake stamp set which I have inked with markers to get 2 colours on the same stamp (Rose Red and Wild Wasabi).

I've entered this card into the Crafty Boots Challenge - Easter.

1 comment:

  1. Two lovely cards and I think that big chick looks a little familiar, ha ha!

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete