Thursday 5 January 2012

New mini catalogue launch make and take

Thank you to everyone who attended my mini catalogue event last night and those of you that couldn’t be there, the make and take and catalogue will be with you shortly and you can still take advantage of my 10% discount offer until Friday. 

Here are the instructions for the card we made which uses the new stampset Create a Cupcake (RRP £16.95/20.95) and co-ordinating punch (RRP £15.50).  It's a great set with 12 different stamps including 3 very good sentiments.  In my view there isn't one stamp in this set that you wouldn't use and the punch makes it all so much easier :)!

The base is Very Vanilla (A5 folded in half).  The DSP comes from the subtles collection (Pretty in Pink dotty sheet) and has been cut to 11 x 5cm with a small section cut out by hand to create the ‘flag’ effect.
For the cupcake image the colours used are Pool Party, So Saffron, Rose Red and Wild Wasabi.  The co-ordinating punch makes it nice and easy to get the shapes cut our perfectly.  Using dimensional sticky pads means it's nice and quick to mount and then I’ve finished this off with some basic rhinestones.  A super quick card and the colours can easily be switched around for different recipients and even male cards (although I would used buttons instead of basic rhinestones to embellish and probably a more masculine patterned paper with perhaps stripes?).

When I get a new stampset or punch I try to 'spend time with it' developing ideas so that I don't get overwhelmed by all the other products in my stash... so after a late night yesterday I now have a few ideas to share with you over the next week or so made with just this set and punch. 

So, check back tomorrow for another card using this set... and don't forget the new mini products may only be available until 30th April so don't leave it too late to order :).

1 comment: