Monday 16 January 2012

Creating a sunset

Hasn't the weather suddenly got colder... I really hope it doesn't snow anytime soon, particularly as I won't be at home to make the most of not being able to get out of my driveway lol!

The good news is that I have internet access in my current abode (up in Cambridge) and that means I can still blog :). 

Today I have a card to share with you to take us away from this cold weather for a moment and to show you a great technique for creating a sunset.  It has been created using the trust Just Believe stampset which includes 3 images, 4 sentiments and 2 label stamps.  I'm always going back to this set to create cards for allsorts of occasions so I highly recommend it.


I have used a piece of So Saffron cardstock for the base, cut to 10.5 x 14.8 (ie A6 in size).  I have masked off the card to create a sun image by using a 1 3/8 inch circle and then using my brayer I have inked the background with More Mustard and then peeled back the circle to create a sun.

The large flowery image from the Just Believe stampset has been inked with Chocolate Chip and stamped 3 times across the bottom of the card, making sure to drop down the stamp slightly each time.  I have then stamped the sentiment with the same ink across the sun.

I love this technique, it's so quick and easy... and the sentiment can be changed for any occasion really...

Great for a thank you card for example :).


No comments:

Post a Comment