Thursday 22 December 2011

Wedding butterflies

When I have time I like to come up with new ideas of my own.  However when I don't I usually spend just as long on the web looking for ideas using a particular stampset, die or embossing folder or for a particular theme.  Here is a card that came from an idea for a engagement card which uses the Beautiful Bouquet embossing folder coupled with the Beautiful Wings butterflies die.  I haven't completely CASE'd it and I can't remember where the original idea came from but I think if you google the Beautiful Bouquet folder you will get some similar ideas.


Stamping' Up! now do silver and shimmery cardstock.  Ideal for weddings I thought, so went with the Shimmer White card embossed with the Beuatiful Bouquet design on a Whisper White base.  I'm still trying to get rid of some of my non Stampin' Up! items before the new year and the new mini catalogue is released, so thought I'd use some silver mirror card (Not Stampin' Up!) here too but this would work with another complimentary colour or shade of blue/green to match the Pool Party cardstock that I have cut the butterflies from.

To embellish I've used a few basic rhinestones on the flower centres and the large butterfly.  The sentiment is form the Petitie Pairs stampset... which has some lovely messages on that are ideal for both outside and inside the card too.

No comments:

Post a Comment