Wednesday 7 December 2011

I miss you

As some of you already know, I'm not planning to celebrate Christmas this year... for me, it brings too many memories and I would prefer just to make the most of the time off work and get away instead!

However, despite that I decided that I would put up the tree (and did so on Sunday evening)...
My late partner, Nick, was a huge fan of Christmas and for that reason this time of year will never be the same again; and today most of all!
This time of year is always difficult for anyone who has lost a loved one, or who is unable to be with those that they love.  It's a time to remind those close to you that you are thinking of them. 

I have created today's card with that in mind.



The base is Basic Black which has been folded into an easle card.  I have then run some Real Red cardstock through my big shot using the Top Note die and done the same with some Basic Black and some of the Holly Berry Bouquest 'dotty' paper.  This DSP pack has some great designs which can be used for other occasions other than Christmas and is ideal for a project like this.

To keep the design simple I have combined the Top Note die pieces, using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder on the Basic Black section and then added some simple hearts, cut from Real Red and the DSP.

The sentiment is from the Beautiful Season stampset, inked in Real Red and stamped onto Very Vanilla to co-ordinate with the paper.  Finally a small bow tied from the grosgrain Real Red ribbon... simple yet hopefully creating the desired effect.  This card would suit an anniversary, valentines or even a birthday of a loved one.


I couldn't resist making a co-ordinating fridge magnet too... check back tomorrow for more on this.


No comments:

Post a Comment