Thursday 29 December 2011

Happy anniversary Mum & Dad

It's my Mum and Dad's wedding anniversary today... so Happy Anniversary to you both!  They have been married for almost 40 years, which I personally think is amazing, I only hope I end up like my parents one day; minus my dad's snoring ;)!

Here is the card that I made them using Wisteria Wonder for the base.  I have folded this to create a aperture front card and then cut a heart shape out of the middle panel before folding the end panels inside.  I ran a piece of Whisper White through an embossing folder (Not Stampin' Up!) and  placed this inside the heart shape and then added the birds from the Easy Events stampset, cut out and mounted on a branch punched with the 2 step bird punch.
 
I've used the flower image from the same stampset in the right hand corner above a strips of Whisper White punched with the Eyelet Border punch.  The seam binding ribbon is Pear Pizzaz and the sentiment is retired, but this colour combination and different use for the stampset works quite well.
I love seeing alternative ideas for using stampsets other than 'just as they come'.  Please do contact me with your ideas for this stampset that involves a little more than just inking and stamping :)?

No comments:

Post a Comment