Sunday 11 December 2011

Crafting session

I've had a manic week this week and a manic weekend... it's that time of year of course!  Late nights working and partying are beginning to take it's toll, but thankfully only 5 days left before departure :).

Also thankfully I have just finished my last batch of Christmas card orders, so have been working through the non Christmas ones in a mad rush before I fly off on holiday on Friday this week!

Still time for some quality crafting and catching up with my lovely crafty friend (and fellow demonstrator) Amy, for a couple of hours today... I had to make two 60th and one 65th birthday card, so went with the same design for all 3 with a slight variation on each.

Here is one of them:
This card took me the best part of an hour to make... not sure if it was the chatting or just the fact that I went a bit far trying to be intricate!

I've used an A4 piece of Very Vanilla card and folded it in half for the base.  I have then punched out a load of flowers using the Boho Blossoms punch in Rich Razzleberry, and a load of leaves using the 2 step bird punch (bird builder punch) from Old Olive.

After playing around with the layout until I was happy I've then cut 'Mum' and '60' using my alphabet dies and big shot (also in Rich Razzleberry) and glued the wording down before sticking all those flowers and leaves on!  Fortunately the other 2 cards were much quicker once I got the momentum going :).

I've added basic rhinestones to the centre of the flowers and then used the Beautiful Wings embosslits die to create the butterflies, and cut them from mirror card (not Stampin' Up!). 

The happy birthday sentiment comes from the Birthday Wishes hostess set, and I've carefully inked the 'th' to add to the 60... a bit fiddly and scary going straight onto the completed card, but with my stamp-a-ma-jig it worked just fine.  It's my most treasured Stampin' Up! product and rescues me all the time...




1 comment:

  1. A fab design!! I had a lovely time yesterday catching up with you and look forward to more crafty times when you return from your hols!!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete