Monday 14 November 2011

Welcome Christmas Joy

I love purple... it's as simple as that!  So although I am not planning on celebrating Christmas this year I have made a handful of cards to send to friends that I don't see very much of... and instead of the traditional Christmas colours I have used a combination of Elegant Eggplant, Marina Mist and Certainly Celery.

The card base is A6 Whisper White, I have then cut a piece of Elegant Eggplant just smaller than this as the main panel.  I cut a strip of Marina Mist 5cm wide and tore this down the middle before running through a snowflake embossing folder (not Stampin' Up!) and then fixing to the top of the card base.  I have rippled a piece of Certainly Celery seam binding ribbon over the join using sticky strip and then punched a Scalloped Circle to mount the image on.
The image is from the Welcome Christmas stampset inked with Marina Mist and then I have punched out the part of the stamp with the boy decorating the tree with what appears to be his mother, as this depicts the 'Joy' of Christmas and the sentiment; which I have then inked with Versamark ink and embossed with clear embossing powder so that it stands out at the base of the card.


1 comment: