Thursday 3 November 2011

Season of Joy

Here is the other of last weeks Christmas card club offerings... this weeks will follow in due course (I'm trying to minimise the number of Christmas themed projects in case it gets too much too early!).  This card uses the tree image from the Season of Joy stampset which has been inked with silver ink onto Garden Green card and then coated with silver embossing powder melted with a heat gun.  The ladies at my Christmas card club last week really liked this technique, as the end effect is a beautiful shimmery image.  The sentiment and decorative pattern (also from the same set) was also embossed using the same technique.  The tree panel was mounted onto silver mirror card (not Stampin' Up!) to continue the shiny decor and then I've used a small tree punch (also not Stampin' Up!) on the corner and then backed this with a piece of the silver mirror card.

Any dark coloured card works well with the silver ... purple (of course!) was my favourite, so I may well be making a batch of my own cards using this technique and stampset as I really like the overall effect.


1 comment:

  1. These look lovely - you look like you have been working very hard; and Christmas should be celebrated, so keep at it.

    ReplyDelete