Thursday 10 November 2011

Christmas wreath

As promised yesterday, here is one of the Christmas cards that we made last night.  I used a sample made by a fellow demonstrator (Fiona) that she gave me at last months training as the bsis for the idea, as I didn't have a lot of time to prepare for this weeks club session.


The image and Joy sentiment are from the Welcome Christmas stampset and have been inked with Old Olive and Real Red and stamped onto a 7.5 x 7.5cm square of Whisper White matted onto a 8 x 8cm piece of Old Olive.  You can't see very clearly from the photo, but we have used Crystal Effects on the red berries to make them stand out from the wreath.

The card base is Real Red run through the big shot Elegant Bouquet embossing folder.  I really love this folder as it works on female cards and Christmas cards and creates a lovely effect across one corner.  
If you don't have a big shot and want to try out some of these techniques, why not book your own party/workshop and I will come along and show you how to use this great tool.  Check out my home parties page for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment