Saturday 15 October 2011

Punched reindeer

I have busy weekend planned catching up with friends so have scheduled a couple of posts for you to keep the ideas flowing.

I only got the owl punch recently and have some many ideas lined up to use it for... so I thought I would give a Christmas idea a go first, also as I needed another sample for my first Christmas card club which I had on Wednesday evening.


The reindeer head cut from Chocolate Chip is the owl's body with the feet cut off and then I have used the 2 step bird punch leaves as antlers (cut from Crumbcake card).  The eyes and nose are using the different circles on the owl punch too.

I have then cut a circle of DSP (brights) and mounted this on a scalloped circle cut from Chocolate Chip to frame the reindeer on.

The card base is Whisper White 12.5 x 12.5cm with the eyelet border punch used on the right hand edge and a 1cm strip of Tempting Turquoise stuck to the card back to bring out the border.  The 2 strips used for the background are 5cm and 4cm in Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise respectively which I have run through an embossing folder (not stamping up) and then mounted onto the card base before fixing the reindeer frame.

The sentiment is also not a Stampin' Up! stamp and I have inked this in Chocolate Chip onto a 3.5 x 5cm Whisper White panel and backed with a 4 x 5.5cm Chocolate Chip piece.  I have taken off the corners of the sentiment panels with the Boho Blossoms punch, using one of the petals of the medium flower.

This is a fun cute card and although the parts are a bit fiddly it's quite easy to make and use up scraps.

I have entered this into the Crafty Boots Challenge - 'animal theme', check out the design teams ideas as there is one featuring Stampin' Up! products.

Next week's club will make another 10 cards, 5 of each of  2 different designs using different techniques, so if you are interested in coming along contact me to book your place.

Note that we will start at 7pm (previously advertised from 7.30pm) - full details here.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet card and I am impressed with what you have done with an owl punch.

    Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete