Tuesday 25 October 2011

More Christmas brayer action

Another Christmas (:()  card today... from last weeks Christmas card club session.  I was trying to come up with something quick as making 5 each of 2 designs each week seems to take quite a while.  However after having to punch out all the bits for the penguins and then cut the hats by hand, time was soon running away for us and my quick idea wasn't as quick as it should have been unfortunately.
The nights are getting cold and I have twice now had to scrape ice off my car (stupidly both times forgot to put it away in the garage!) so that is where the 'ice' inspiration came from for this card.  I've created an easle style base with a diagonal fold and cut a diagonal of Marina Mist cardstock  to look like water which has been raised up with dimensional sticky pads.  The edge of the standing part of the card has been inked with Marina Mist ink using a brayer over a torn strip of paper, inked twice to create a wave texture.

The penguins are stuck on using small tabs of folded card so that they stand out and 'hang' over the snow drift. 

Note that the sentiment is a silver peel off (NOT Stampin' Up!).

My next Christmas card club session is tomorrow at 7pm, and I can just about squeeze in one more person if you are interested in coming along, let me know by the end of the day... or if you cannot make it why not book a workshop/party with a Christmas theme instead.  Check out my classes and home parties pages for full details.

No comments:

Post a Comment