Friday 28 October 2011

40th birthday cake

 

Hi all, I hope you are having a good week, I'm off to the Lake District today for a long weekend so have scheduled some posts for you whilst I am away that use the new Easy Events set.

For the card above, I have inked up the 'cake' image in Chocolate Chip and stamped onto a panel fo Whisper White before mounting onto a piece of Wisteria Wonder from the new 'In Colours'.  I stamped and cut out just the cake part of the image and raised it up with a dimensional sticky pad and then water coloured with inks, adding a cherry cut from a scrap of Real Red cardstock, to finish.

I have cut a strip of the Cheerful Treat DSP (only available to purchase with hostess pounds) and added a 1cm strip of Wisteria Wonder at the base and a strip punched with the scallop trim border punch (both edges) across the top.

To personalise I have written 'Sam' under the Happy Birthday sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink and then cut a 40 out of Wisteria Wonder with an alphabet die.

If you want to get you hands on the cheerful treat designer papers why not host a workshop/party of your own and take advantage of the offer on these papers and other items, check out my home parties page for more.

I've got a class scheduled for 5th November which will give you a chance to make 4 different occasion cards using the Easy Events stamp set. Check out my classes page for more if you are interested in booking to attend. 

I will continue to take further bookings until the class is full (but you may have to wait until after the class date for your stampset to arrive). If you would like to attend the class but don't want the stampset this will be £6 to cover the cost of materials etc. Contact me to book your place.



1 comment:

  1. What a fab card! Love that paper! Can't wait for mine to arrive!! X

    ReplyDelete